Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year, A New Me. Hopefully.

I am not usually a resolution making kind of gal. But I figure I will give it a try and maybe I will do something better this year. And if you all know what I am supposed to be doing it will be easier to do them than make excuses to you all why I haven't done anything. So here I go.


1. Lose Weight. Like 40 lbs. This is a big deal. Not only do I need to lose weight for appearence sake. As someone who has had Gestational Diabetes twice, I am at a higher risk for developing type 1 diabetes if I get over weight.

- I am going to buy a Wii Fit and join the YMCA. They have child care for me to use while I work out. When the weather gets nice I am going to start walking the trail behind us.


2. Organize. Not insanely with labels on everything. Just enough so that I can find wht I am looking for and put stuff away easily.


3. Make time for myself and do stuff for myself. I spend so much time doing everything for Roy and the kids I never do anything for me. and when I do I feel guilty for spending money on myself or for not being with Roy and the kids. I know this is a common Mom thing. If anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with this one, let me know.


4. Find a way to earn some money while I am at home. I am making my checkbook covers still but selling two or three a month is not really doing much for me.


5. Save money. This is a two way resolution. I need to actually put money away and I need to spend less. I am going to start cutting or printing coupons. And using them. I am also going to start going to Sams Club and stocking up on stuff to have here so that I don't have to go to the store more than once every two weeks.


That's all I have for now. I think that is pretty good for someone who has never made a NYR. I will give updates every now and then throughout the year.

Have a Happy New Year.

No comments: