Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Puppy Syndrome

I read this post by SAJ and couldn't help but laugh. First it's funny and second it describes Morgan so well. But I also thought of Carter. You see, Morgan took a bink (pacifier) until she was just over a year old so I never had a problem with her putting things in her mouth. Ever. Carter on the other hand puts everything he comes across in his mouth. I pull stuff out of his mouth at least six times a day. You know, just the normal stuff like band aids (from when Morgan gets "hurt" and needs one for about five seconds), dryer sheets that I haven't put in the trash yet, rubber stamps that Morgan has stolen from me, any kind of paper like item he finds. Usually I am pretty good at finding the things he will choke on before him but I do miss stuff, obviously.

I was on the phone with my Mom yesterday and I had to pull a piece of paper out of his mouth and my Mom told me she had heard that if a baby is chewing on paper it means they need something (some sort of vitamin or mineral). I asked her what it means if the baby chews on the wood cabinet door or the leather couch or his Mommy's toes. She replied (a little too quickly) "He thinks he's a puppy".

With treats hanging out of his mouth (graham cracker)


eating his own kind


sleeping wherever he finds a comfy spot (yes I moved him to his bed)


and of course, Morgan has to try to be the alpha dog around here.


1 comment:

Lost In Splendor said...

Hahaha! I remember reading that SAJ post. It seems you have one ofyour own for sure. I love the picture where is is asleep with his head down on the floor. So cute!