Saturday, January 31, 2009

Super Bowl Menu

Even though the Broncos aren't playing tomorrow (maybe next year) we are pretty excited about the game tomorrow. My brother in law and his girlfriend are going to come over and I am going to make some good food. What more do you need? So even though this is not a cooking blog, I thought I would post my menu (with recipes) because I do love cooking, especially for get togethers.

Hot Wings (a must have in my house)
-Season wings (I buy the large bag of assorted wings at WalMart) with salt, onion powder and garlic powder and bake for one hour at 425 degrees
-Melt butter and mix with Franks Red Hot Sauce (this is my favorite sauce for wings, you can use any sauce you like)
-Coat cooked wings with the sauce mixture
-Serve with Blue Cheese and Ranch dressings

Mini Cheese Steak Sandwiches
For this I use the SteakUmms frozen steaks. I used to laugh at the thought of eating those until I tried them.
-Since the steaks cook up pretty fast I usually saute some mushrooms and onions separately
-Cook the steaks in a pan until they are done almost to your liking
-Put the onions and mushrooms and whatever cheese you prefer on top of the cooking meat so it gets melty ( I prefer Cheese Wiz, Roy prefers Provolone)
-Place on small rolls. The rolls with the harder crusts work best

Potato skins
-Cut medium baked potatoes in half length wise
-Scoop the insides of baked potatoes out leaving 1/4" of potato for a shell and cut shells in half across
-Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees
-Sprinkle cheddar cheese in the shell. You can put skins back in the oven for a few minutes so the cheese melts.
-Sprinkle crumbled bacon and green onion slices on top and serve with sour cream.

Artichoke Dip Served In A Bread Bowl
I am trying my sister's recipe for this, because I can't find the one I used to use and she swears this one is good.
-Saute onion in a pan with a little olive oil (or butter would be good too)
A-dd 1 package of cream cheese to the onions. You may need to add a little milk to this if it gets too thick
-Add your artichoke hearts (1 can). My sister said she takes about 3/4 of the can and chops them up pretty small and rough chops the other 1/4
-Place mixture in a bread bowl and put shredded parmesan cheese on top and put it in the over until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbly
-Serve with the bread pieces you took out to make the bowl and crackers


So there you go. GO PITTSBURGH. For more recipes and menu ideas go check out my Mom's kitchen blog.

No comments: