Thursday, December 11, 2008

What In The World Is Going On?????

Where do I begin. Yesterday started out so normal and good. I had to go and get the Christmas pictures of the kids. That was my big plan for the day. On my way home I had to pull over for a passing ambulance. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then I ran over some slippers in the road that reminded me of Avon slippers. If I had only known. They were Avon slippers. Matthew was in a horrible car accident. He was hit while going through an intersection which caused his truck to spin into a traffic light pole and flip. He thought that he was okay and didn't go to the hospital. Roy went and picked him up and brought him back here. I took him to work and then the hospital. He was complaining about his shoulder hurting. Long story short he has a broken neck (his c7 vertebrae) and a broken rib. So now not only is he with a broken neck, he can't work, he has no car, and he has a wife and new baby to take care of. I feel so bad for him. Matthew has pulled some crap that worried me before, but this wasn't his fault and is the most worrisome event ever. The broken vertebrae is right next to a main artery and they are worried about swelling cutting off the artery. And to rub salt into a wound, he still had temp tags on the truck. He is so special to me. I always said I raised him, even though we are only 15 months apart in age. I wish there was more I could do for him (them).

And that was only one person affected by the bad mojo going on over here. His friend got a ticket on his way to take his brother to the courthouse to fix a missed court date, and the courthouse friend was arrested at the same time. My SIL's Mom went to the hospital for what turned out to be kidney stones and a kidney infection. My best friends sister went to the hospital for (again) what turned out to be kidney stones. Another family member was arrested this morning for a civil matter (this is a ridiculous arrest). And the courthouse friend's Mom is in the hospital tonight for what might possibly be another heart attack. I am bunkering down until something good happens to anyone I know.

No comments: