Monday, November 24, 2008

The Holidays Are Coming, The Holidays Are Coming.

I am having a hard time believing Thanksgiving is this week. It has been unseasonably warm here lately. Everyone has the idea that Colorado is the coldest place in the US, it's not. The average temp has been in the high 60's to low 70's.

But we aren't here to learn about Colorado weather. We are here to talk about the Holidays. I am officially excited about the holidays. I went to BigLots on Saturday (for organization stuff, more about that later) and ended up buying tree ornaments instead.

My family used to buy presents for everyone. And it was so much stress. Some people in my family aren't too easy to shop for. Most of us buy whatever we want or need for ourselves. So last year we decided that we would only buy presents for the kids.

That wasn't to say you couldn't buy presents for everyone, just don't expect anything. It was so nice. I was able to sit back and do nothing. Yeah okay, not really. I had Morgan who was almost two last year and I was pregnant with Carter. I was constantly doing something. But I enjoyed it. I was able to shop without the stress I usually had from not knowing what to buy my Grandma, or having too many ideas of what to buy Matthew. And I am very much looking forward to the same thing this year. All I have to do is make sure Santa can get his hands on a Clipo table and all will be fine. I am not expecting too much trouble with that. And you know, shopping for Carter will be pretty easy.

Plus our social calendar is already full for December. And as you all know. We never have a full social calendar.

And I know that it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, I love that day too. I love hanging out with my family, and we get to see one of my Mom's friends and her family. She has three kids that Morgan loves (well she loves the girls, she tolerates the boy). And this year we have Carter, who is becoming the life of any party, and David is here too, even though he isn't too exciting right now, he is fun to hold and next year will be full of some much needed chaos in this family. So I am waiting anxiously for my leftover turkey turkey sandwich.

And I am trying to decide if I want to go shopping on Friday or not. I will keep you posted with that decision.If anyone reading this (Kelly) wants to meet me for some shopping Friday morning, let me know.

No comments: