Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

What a busy day. We woke up early (not my choice) and watched the news. They were showing Halloween pictures that viewers sent in and said they would keep showing them until Monday so to be sure to send them in. I decided to send in the super cute one of Carter (see the Boo At The Zoo post). And guess what, they showed it. I was so excited. I called my Dad, but he had just changed the channel and missed it. Nobody I know saw it except Morgan. She said "Look, Carter's on the tv!!. It truly was my shining moment.

Then we carved our pumpkin, Roy carved his last night while we were at the hospital. Mine looks like the goofy sidekick to Roy's.

Then we went to my Mom's house to hang out and to pick up these super cute trick-or-treat bags. Morgan wouldn't let me take a picture of hers until it was full.


We came home planning to go to a party the had started at 5 but it was almost 6 so I made a quick pizza and got the kids ready to go.



First I had to get our candy ready for trick-or-treaters, the ones I expected to come after we got back. This is what my candy pile looked like before. I have everything in there, including vampire fangs that glow in the dark and temporary tattoos.

And this is what it looks like now. No. I did not make a mistake and add the same photo. It is the same picture. We did not get one single trick-or-treater. I thought we would be home early enough to still be able to give out candy. I was wrong. Now I know and will probably not buy candy next year. If you feel like you didn't get enough email me your address. I will send you some of this.

Morgan had so much fun. She is so shy with stranger's (and some people she knows) that I couldn't get her to say trick-or-treat. She said thank you a couple of times, but she had no problem saying "let's go get more candy" as soon as we turned to walk to the next house. When we finally finished Morgan's bag was about half full. One of our neighbors was handing out brown paper bags that she had decorated. Morgan tore that open as soon as we walked in the house. It had an apple and some candy in it. My sweet candy lovin' 2 year old asked if she could have her apple.
Now my kids are tucked soundly into bed and I have to get up super early to get ready for the craft fair. Happy Halloween Everyone!!!


No comments: